For Real, Another Fire!?

You wouldn't believe where I am right now. I'm at home, sick with the stomach flu. I'm not really at home though. I'm at the public library because home is evacuated... Another fire in our building. So I'm at the library holding back my stomach contents, missing work, and evacuated from our building. There was a time when I could laugh about this sort of thing and I have three gut churning please-God-keep-that-dry-toast-down hours to try and remember those times. It is pretty ridiculous after all as it is the second fire-slash-evacuation since we moved in eight months ago. It does suck that I had to call my boss in to work for me. The poor thing has seven children and the last thing she wants to do is work my shift. I have a great history of not missing work but I'm a parent now and this is my fourth sick day since I started in September (Little One's sick days are also my sick days). Little One has such terrible anxiety from the last fire that I'm not even going to tell her. I'm just going to say they're doing more renovations (more renovations... Note: If you're going to change the 40-year old dingy carpet, change all the carpet. Right now, it looks like they ran out of money and couldn't finish the job BUT I know that's not the truth because owner #1 drives a Maserati and owner #2 is in Italy). Anyway, I think I will tell her there was a flood because if it is anything like last time, the carpets will be drenched and pulled back and there will be giant fans airing the hallway out for a month. Yes, that's it. "There was a flood Little One! You should have seen it, we all had boats and were rowing down the hallways; there were rainbows and everybody was having a jolly time. I sure wished you could have been there!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single Mother In Da HOOD!

Shoesies!!

This Post May Make Some Readers Itchy and Uncomfortable...If So, Please Click the 'X' On the Top Right Corner Of The Screen